Activities Lead up to Parade of Nations
- Tomorrow (Sept. 14), from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., the Keweenaw Roller Girls will host an Open Skate for the community at the Houghton County Arena, 1500 Birch Street, Hancock. Admission is free and the event is open to all ages and abilities. Participants need to bring their own roller skates/blades.
- Thursday (Sept. 15), The Hancock Rotary Club will host its annual Fall Winetasting fundraiser at the Finnish American Heritage Center, celebrating the Parade of Nations. The fundraiser benefits local and international projects. Information and reservations are available online.
- Saturday (Sept. 17) at 11 a.m., The Parade of Nations starts in Hancock, crosses the Lift Bridge and moves through downtown Houghton to Dee Stadium.
- Saturday (Sept. 17) at noon, Multicultural Festival with international food and entertainment at Dee Stadium.
- Saturday, Sept. 17 at 7:30 p.m., Rozsa Center for the Performing Arts, Breaksk8, a jam-skating performance, for information and tickets click here.