Tech Graduate Engineering Program Rises in US News Rankings
Michigan Tech's graduate engineering programs moved up dramatically in US News & World Report's annual rankings of graduate school programs—to 82nd in the nation.
Last year, Michigan Tech's graduate engineering programs ranked 104th. Michigan Tech tied for 82nd with the University of Central Florida, the University of Cincinnati, the University of New Mexico and the University of Texas-Arlington.Four engineering disciplines also rose in the graduate rankings:
- Civil Engineering—62nd (from 61st last year)
- Computer Engineering—91st (from 95th last year)
- Electrical Engineering—88th (from 92nd last year)
- Mechanical Engineering—51st (from 53rd last year)
- Biomedical Engineering ranked the same as last year—63rd nationwide.
Tech's biomedical engineering program has only been ranked for three years and has climbed quickly to become one of the highest-ranked biomedical engineering programs not affiliated with a medical school. Read the full story.