Nominations Sought for Michigan Tech Diversity Award
The Michigan Tech Diversity Award recognizes the accomplishments of a faculty or staff member who contributes to diversity and inclusion through exemplary leadership and actions.
Recipients will demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion through recruitment and retention efforts, teaching, research, multicultural programming, cultural competency, community outreach activities or other initiatives.
The Diversity Award recipient will receive a $2,500 monetary award and will be honored during the Faculty Awards Dinner (held in September).
Award recipients will be highlighted on the Institutional Equity and Inclusion and other appropriate websites, as well as recognized in University publications.
Nominations should be based on demonstrated leadership in one or more of the following areas:
- Activities to recruit, retain and professionally develop individuals who increase the diversity of our faculty or staff.
- Activities to attract, recruit and ensure the success of students who increase the diversity of our campus community.
- Activities to create leadership teams and organizations that promote a diverse and inclusive culture for all faculty, staff and students.
- Sponsorship or active promotion of programs, initiatives or projects that promote the value of diversity and inclusion.
- Collaborations with external groups or organizations to ensure a diverse and inclusive campus community and/or support the advancement of diversity.
- Efforts that demonstrate commitment to cultural diversity in teaching, research and/or service.
Criteria for Selection Nominees should be current faculty or staff of the University. Nominations can be submitted by individual employees (including supervisors, direct reports and peers of the nominees, students, University organizations, employee networks and diversity councils of community or other University partners). Nominations are due by April 8.
Click here for further information, clarification on eligibility and to download a nomination form.