- EERC 319A
Assistant Professor, School of Technology
- PhD Candidate, Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics, Michigan Technological University (Expected Fall 2012)
- MS, Manufacturing Operations, Kettering University, 2004
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Michigan Technological University, 1995
Scott Wagner is an assistant professor in the School of Technology at Michigan Tech. His areas of expertise are facility maintenance, focusing on plant engineering and manufacturing systems analysis, and metal forming, with an emphasis on micro tube hydroforming.
Wagner is active in several of the University’s safety teams, including the Presidential Committee for University Safety and Environmental Health, the Incident Command Team, and the Crisis Response Team. He also coordinates the School of Technology’s Safety Liaison program on campus. In the greater community, he volunteers his time as a volunteer firefighter and is a member of the Michigan State Firemen’s Association.
Wagner’s professional activities include membership in the American Foundry Society and the Society of Manufacturing Engineers. He presented the papers listed in Selected Recent Publications at the following conferences: Experimental Analysis of Micro Tube Hydroforming Process—given at the North American Manufacturing Research Conference held at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario in 2010; and Strain Analysis on Micro-Deep Drawing Processes using Lithographic Techniques—given at the Second Annual International Conference on Micro-Manufacturing, held at Clemson University in Greenville, South Carolina, in 2007.
- Micro metal forming manufacturing
- Micro scale hydroforming operations
- Applied thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Industrial safety management
- Integrated design and manufacturing
- Materials science
- Statics and strength of materials
- Ng, K., Wagner, S. W., Camelio, J. A., Emblom, W. J. 2010. Experimental Analysis of Micro Tube Hydroforming Process, Transactions of the North American Manufacturing Research Institution of SME, Volume 38, Pages 577–584.
- Wagner, S. W., Camelio, J. A. 2007. Strain Analysis on Micro Deep Drawing Processes using Lithographic Techniques, Proceedings of the 2nd Annual International Conference on Micro Manufacturing (ICOMM), Clemson University, Greenville, SC, September 10–13, 2007.