- EERC 312
Assistant Professor, School of Technology
- PhD, Computer Science, Michigan Technological University
- MS, Computer Science, Michigan Technological University
- BS, Astrophysics, Beijing Normal University, Beijing
Chunming Gao is an assistant professor in the School of Technology at Michigan Tech. Prior to his faculty appointment at the University, he was employed by the Bank of China, Shandong as a senior software engineer and a director of the IT department, from 1991 to 1999, and by the Michigan Tech Library as a senior database administrator, from 2005 to 2007.
Gao's areas of expertise are efficient algorithm designs, data management, systems security, and innovative HCI designs. Gao's research activities include healthcare related network protocol designs and efficient computing; designing vehicular ad-hoc network security and efficiency; exploring instruction level parallelism in superscalar processor designs; and designing innovative human computer interfaces. In addition to teaching graduate and undergraduate courses, Gao has supervised Senior Design student teams and served as a faculty member on PhD dissertation committees.
Gao is active in the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers Computer Society and serves as a reviewer for a variety of IEEE and ACM conferences, such as SIGCHI, INFOCOM, and GLOBECOM. He also serves as a reviewer board member of the International Journal of Computer Networks (IJCN), an editorial board member of the International Journal of Information Science, and an editorial board member of the Journal of Advanced Computer Science & Technology.
Links of Interest
- Health information systems
- Human computer interaction
- Distributed computing
- High performance computing
- Undergraduate and graduate education
- Database management and administration
- Advanced Unix and Linux administration
- Healthcare security management
- Programming languages
- Senior project designs
- Gao, C., G. Hembroff. 2012. Implications of Modified Waterfall Model to the Roles and Education of Health IT Professionals, IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium.
- Gao, C. 2012. Developing a Research EHR Based on Private EMRs, Society for Public Health Education’s Mid-year Scientific Conference.
- Gao, C., R. Pastel, J. Tan. 2010. Yet Another User Input System: Accelerometer Assisted Single Key Input System, 8th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation.
- Wang, X., J. Mayo, G. C. Hembroff, C. Gao. 2009. Detection of Conjunctive Stable Predicates in Dynamic Systems, Proceedings of the Fifteenth International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS'09), Pages 828–835.
- Gao, C., J. Tan, F. Kong. 2009. HealthAware: Tackling Obesity with Health Aware Smart Phone Systems, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics.