Code of Conduct for Financial Aid Professionals
Michigan Technological University maintains and enforces a Conflict of Interest Policy and Code of Conduct for Financial Aid Professionals for equal rights and fairness in the financial aid process.
Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining INstitutional or Financial Aid information
General Institutional Information
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Privacy of Student Records—Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Disability Services and Facilities
- Student Diversity
- Cost of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid
- Withdrawal Procedure
- Textbook Information
- Educational Program
- Campus Map
- Instructional Facilities
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution and Programs
- Copyright Infringement—Policies and Sanctions
- Computer Use and File Sharing
- Career and Job Placement Services
- Constitution Day Information
- Student Activities
General Student Financial Aid Information
Information regarding financial aid, including scholarships, grants, loans, and outside scholarships available to undergraduate students is located at the Financial Aid website.
Information regarding graduate student financial information including the cost of attendance, assistanceships, external funding, loans, and service fellowships can be located at the following websites:
Contacting the Financial Aid Office
Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
In order to receive most financial aid, students must maintain their enrollment status. Review the following link to determine what your enrollment status should be.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
This is the term used to denote a student’s successful completion of course work toward a certificate or degree. Students must maintain specific academic progress requirements to be eligible for financial aid. See:
Return of Title IV Aid
The return of Title IV aid policy can be viewed at the Undergraduate Catalog Appendix A website.
The University Refund Policy
The University Refund Policy can be found on the Registrar's website.
Notice of Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
Student aid eligibility is posted here:
Students can also complete a worksheet to determine their aid eligibility. The worksheet can be found on the FAFSA website. Students can click on "Before Beginning a FAFSA" in the left column, then click on "Student Aid Eligibility Worksheet" to find out how this law applies to them.
Consumer Information on the College Navigator Website
Michigan Tech’s federal consumer information statistics can be found on the College Navigator website.
Cost of Attendance
Cost of attendance information for undergraduate and graduate students can be located at the Cost of Attendance website.
According to the Federal Trade Commission, perpetrators of financial aid fraud often use the following lines to lure students with their scholarship services; students and parents should avoid any scholarship or website which states any of the following:
- "This scholarship is guaranteed or your money back."
- "You can't get this information anywhere else."
- "I just need your credit card or bank account number to hold this scholarship."
- "We'll do all the work."
For more information, please visit the Federal Trade Commission Scholarship Scam website.
Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data
Athletic participation rates and disclosures can be found at the following website:
Overview of Student Loan Information:
For an overview of student loan information, including borrowers rights and responsibilities please review these links:
Health and Safety
- Annual Campus Security Act Report
- Appeals Procedure for Drug Violation
- Campus Security Policies
- Crime Statistics and Crime Log
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
- Drug Free Workplace Statement
- Emergency Notification
- Fire Safety Policies, Fire Statistics and Fire Log
- Missing Student Notification
- Notice to Victims of Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, or Stalking
- President's Council on Health and Wellness
- Programs to Prevent Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalking
- Sex Offender Information
- Timely Warning Notices
- Title IX Coordinator
- Vaccination Policies
Intercollegiate Athletic Program
Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
If you are a prospective undergraduate student you can find information regarding your financial aid at the Aid for Prospective Students website.
If you are a current student you can find information regarding your financial aid at the Aid for Current Students website.
If you are an International Student you can find information regarding your financial aid at the Aid for International Students website.
If you are interested in the Study Abroad Program, you can find information regarding financial aid at the Scholarships and Financial Aid website.
Student Financial Assistance
- Assistance Available from Federal, State, Local, and Institutional Programs
- Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- Student Loan Information