2014 President's Award for Leadership
BS, Chemical Engineering and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
The President’s Award for Leadership is given to a student who is chosen from an outstanding group of nominees that have provided leadership for their peers in their activities while a student at Michigan Tech.
Kerstin Cleveland, a double major in Chemical Engineering and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, has maintained excellence in academics while also being committed to multiple student organizations.
During her time at Michigan Tech, Kerstin has
- Had internships with DOW Chemical and Honeywell
- Served as Treasurer of Blue Key National Honor Society
- Attended and graduated from LeaderShape
- Gained experience as a Career Services intern
- Worked as an Admissions Telecounselor
- Taught Sunday school at one of the local churches
Kerstin was also the conference planning co-chair for the Society of Women Engineers, and she coordinated operations to host the SWE Region H Conference at Michigan Tech just this past spring.