2015 President's Award for Leadership
B.S., Materials Science and Engineering, Biomedical Engineering
The President’s Award for Leadership is given to a student who is chosen from an outstanding group of nominees that have provided leadership for their peers in their activities while a student at Michigan Tech.
Kimberly D’Augustino, a double major in Materials Science and Engineering and Biomedical Engineering, has excelled in academics while also taking full advantage of so many opportunities at Michigan Tech.
During her time as a student at Michigan Tech, Kimberly has:
- Had internships with Nucor and Plexus
- Served as Vice President of the Biomedical Engineering Society
- Mentored students as a Success Coach and an ExSEL Mentor
- Volunteered with Relay for Life
- Worked for Summer Youth Programs
Kim has also served as President of Mind Trekkers, a role in which she has helped organize science festivals all over the country to ignite the passion for science in young people.