An Afternoon on the Town
REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
An Afternoon on the Town is a Michigan Tech event that invites local businesses/services to welcome our students and show them what they have to offer. Starting on campus, down College Avenue, and throughout the downtown Houghton area there will be music, refreshments, giveaways, and prizes for student participants.
Sponsored by: Student Activities, Waino Wahtera Center for Student Success, and Housing & Residential Life.
All area businesses and non-profit organizations are invited to An Afternoon on the Town on Saturday, September 2, 2017 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Come prepared with information, materials, offers, deals, and handouts to let the college students know you are interested in their patronage.
In order to participate, please register online above. Payment confirmation (if applicable) and an event reminder will be sent out one week prior to the event.
- There is no registration fee.
- No alcohol promotions or alcohol advertisements please.
- Handouts, raffles, coupons, etc., are encouraged. It is okay to collect contact and mailing list information.
- You are asked to please refrain from selling any type of food or merchandise at your table.
If you would like to provide food samples please refer to this website for permits, rules and regulations set forth by the Health Department: http://www.wupdhd.org/download-forms/
- Please remember to respect noise ordinances.
- Each business is responsible for cleaning up their space after the event.
- Tables and chairs, if reserved by Wednesday, August 16, 2017, will be delivered to your location.
- The registration deadline is Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
If you are a business or service located in downtown Houghton, this is what you need to know:
- You are encouraged to set up a table or have promotional materials outside your place of business.
- Although you already have a location, please register your business so that we can add you to our list of participating businesses/services.
If you are a business or service NOT located in downtown Houghton, this is what you need to know:
- We will designate a location for you to set up.
- Reserve a table and chair if you will not be bringing your own. (See registration form for pricing.)
Questions? Please contact Student Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 906-487-1963.
See you at An Afternoon on the Town!