Student Organization Travel
Travel By Personal Vehicle
Organizational members traveling in personal vehicles are subject to the insurance limits carried by the car owner’s auto insurance. The individual driver is responsible for the insurance coverage and passengers should make sure that there is adequate insurance coverage on the vehicle. The University does not provide any coverage for vehicles not owned by the University.
Husky Motors Vehicle Rental
If a student organization uses a university vehicle, the auto insurance is provided by Michigan Tech. To use a University Vehicle please complete the following:
- Reserve a vehicle through Husky Motors or call 906-487-2700
- Complete Vehicle Request Form through Student Activities in MUB 112
- Collect Signatures of Student Activities staff
The use of any University vehicle is restricted to the conduct of official University business, and any use for personal business or pleasure is prohibited. Carefully review and approve the request for assignment of a University vehicle to students or guests in order that such drivers may be protected under the provisions of the University liability insurance.
- Drivers of 12 and 15 passenger vans must complete the on-line Van certification training program. The training must be completed at least 72 hours prior to travel.
- The cost of each online session is $25. Which must be paid at Husky Motors. The in turn will give you the key to login to the online van certification website.
- Occupancy for 15 passenger vans is limited to ten (10) occupants, including the driver, for travel outside a 100 mile radius of the campus, and at least 2 occupants must be van certified.