Beginning of Year Checklist
Welcome back to campus! Please read through the following information that will help your organization through another successful year.
Contact the Student Organization Coordinator at email@example.com for more information.
- Each student organization is assigned a mailbox in MUB 106, the Student Organizations Office. The mailboxes are used for very important communications to organizations, as well as campus events that might interes t you. Your mailbox must be checked at least once per week by one of your members.
- The correct mailing address for your student organization is as follows:
Michigan Technological University
106 Memorial Union Building
1400 Townsend Drive
Houghton, MI 49931
Any mail that is not addressed in this fashion, or that is addressed to an individual rather than the organization, will be returned to sender.
- Organizations must complete the annual registration requirements in order to maintain their registered student organization status at Michigan Tech. This year, each organization president and advisor is required to attend the Advisor/Campus Security Authority Training. Link to Advisor CSA Training All registration paperwork, online registration completion, and other requirements are due to the coordinator of registered student organizations by the end of week 5.
- Student organizations that do not have assigned office space and all commuter students are welcomed to use the two available computers in the lounge area of MUB 106. The computers default to the “MTU” student domain, and you may log in using your ISO password.
- Registered student organizations may use the black & white and color photocopiers in MUB 106. Please ask the USG office staff for the PIN that has been assigned to your organization for use of the copiers, and share this PIN with other officers in your group. Your organization will be charged 6 cents per copy for black & white; and 10 cents per copy for colored copies.
- It is recommended for larger print jobs to use Printing Services, Admin G30, at 487-2347. For poster printing and color scanning, visit the Van Pelt Library’s Digital Studio on the second floor, or call 487-2508.
- There is a fax machine in MUB 106 that student organizations may use at no cost. Simply dial “8” to get outside the University; then “1” if long distance, and the 10-digit number. For campus departments, dial “7” and the 4-digit extension. The pages are placed in the holder upside down. Documentation of sent faxes must be kept in the log next to the machine.
- Organization officers may obtain card swipe access to MUB 106 by completing the Swipe Card Access Form (pdf) and submitting to the Student Activities Office Assistant in MUB 112. Or organizations and individuals can email firstname.lastname@example.org with their organization name, member name(s), position(s), and MTU email address.
- In order for student organizations to use any campus services including Catering, Mail Services, Printing Services, Motor Pool, and Van Pelt Library, you must complete an Account Use Approval Form (pdf) which will state how the service will be paid by the organization.
- For organizations that wish to rent vehicles from the Motor Pool, a Vehicle Request Form must be completed and signed by Student Activities, in addition to completing the Account Use Approval Form (above). In order to rent a 12 or 15-passenger van, you must be van certified.