Make A Difference Day
Make a Difference Day is the most encompassing national day of helping others – a celebration of neighbors helping neighbors. Everyone can participate. Created by USA WEEKEND Magazine, Make a Difference Day is an annual event that takes place on the fourth Saturday of every October.
Make a Difference Day 2016 happened on Saturday, October 22. Make a Difference Day 2017 will take place on Saturday, October 28.
Check-In typically is held between 9-10 a.m.. Volunteers meet in the MUB Commons. Information packets are distributed and from there, groups travel to service locations. Our goal is to place as many volunteers with agencies as we can. Some projects require that groups drive to the location.
Volunteer projects will vary based on what agencies we are partnering with. Raking, painting, weeding, planting, digging, cleaning and moving are all likely projects we'll be helping with.
If you or your company is interested in helping to sponsor the event, please click here.
Assessment: Make a Difference Day 2016
- 667 students participated
- 40 different service sites
- 77 Student Organizations/Residence Halls participated
Assessment: Make a Difference Day 2015
- 497 students participated
- 57 different service sites
- 56 Student Organizations/Residence Halls participated
Assessment: Make a Difference Day 2014
- 507 students participated
- 43 different service sites
- 61 Student Organizations/Residence Halls participated