Basic Responsible Conduct of Research Training
Basic Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training is required for all degree seeking graduate students. Students may complete this training by attending orientation, or by taking the online course described on this page.
Step 1: Learn about Michigan Tech's Policy
Step 2: Create a CITI account
Navigate to the CITI web page and create an account to log in.
- Click on the "Register" button to create a new account.
- Under "Participating Institutions, select MICHIGAN TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, in the drop down box (then submit).
- Create your own username and password (then submit).
- Enter your first name, last name, and preferred email address (then submit).
- Please provide the requested information (then submit)
- Now you can choose your CITI Curriculum.
After completing the registration process, users are now setup as CITI Learners under their University set-up requirements.
Step 3: Select CITI Course Curriculum
The CITI training courses offered by Michigan Tech are grouped into five categories:
- Human Subjects Research
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Animal Research
- Conflicts of Interest/Export Control
Scroll down to Question 2 Responsible Conduct of Research and select Basic RCR Training. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Submit button.
Step 4: Complete CITI Course Curriculum
The main menu will now list the courses selected. Complete the four modules in the course, "Basic RCR Training, RCR." If there are other courses listed, they are not required to complete the Basic RCR training. Note that your progress may be saved, and the modules do not need to be completed at the same time. If you have previously completed a CITI course, you will receive credit for any modules completed in a different course.
Step 5: Provide Evidence of Completion
The Graduate School will receive an e-mail from CITI within a day after you complete the CITI training and will record completion of the training within five business days. You can check the status of your training at any time on MyMichiganTech. Contact the Graduate School if you have any questions or do not receive confirmation within five days.