Responsible Conduct of Research
CITI Course in Responsible Conduct of Research
The CITI (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative) training program was conceived to develop and distribute high quality, peer reviewed educational resources designed to raise awareness to the Responsible Conduct of Research for all members of the research team. These modules include instruction, case studies and quizzes.
- Click on the Link "New Users Register Here"
- Under "Participating Institutions, select MICHIGAN TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, in the drop down box (then submit).
- Create your own username and password (then submit).
- Enter your first name, last name, and preferred email address (then submit).
- Please provide the requested information (then submit)
- Now you can choose your CITI Curriculum.
After completing the registration process, users are now setup as CITI Learners under their University set-up requirements.
First-time users are to follow the directions to register and select the appropriate training program.
- Human Subject Courses
Go to Question 1.
- Lab Animal Welfare Courses
Go to Question 4.
- Responsible Conduct of Research Courses
Go to Question 3.
- Set Up Refresher Courses
Go to Question 2—Use this choice if you have already taken the basic courses.
Questions 1 and 2—You have an option for selecting one or more of the following tracks: social/behavioral, biomedical, data or lab specimens only.
Question 3—For the RCR course you have an option for selecting one or more of the following tracks: social/behavioral, biomedical, physical science, or humanities.
You may want to complete the training course in several sessions. The program remembers which modules you have completed. Returning to the site requires signing in with your Username and Password.
Certification of successful completion can be obtained by downloading the Completion Report after finishing all of the prescribed modules. Do not print and submit your grade book as evidence of completion.
NOTE: Michigan Technological University is requiring researchers and students to take the CITI refresher courses every two years.