Power and Energy Research Center (PERC)
Increased focus on alternate and renewable energy, development of new energy technologies, and deregulation of the utility industry are redefining the role of the power engineer and creating a wealth of technical and educational challenges. Environmental issues and restructuring of the power industry have expanded the scope of interest to include public policy and economic and social concerns. A multidisciplinary research center, operating within the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, shall thus be formed. Its main purposes are as follows:
- Establish long-term research goals.
- Enable multi-disciplined collaboration within Michigan Technological University.
- Help us compete/collaborate with other universities for industry and agency funding.
- Enable more industry and university research exchange.
- Provide more continuity of graduate student support.
- Enhance graduate and undergraduate education and recruit and retain students.