6.13.1—Employee Complaints and Grievance Procedures
Senate Proposal: No
Responsible University Officer: Vice President for Administration
Responsible Office: Human Resources
These procedures are written to support the Employee Complaints and Grievances Policy 6.13.
- Within ten (10) working days of a situation and/or occurrence, or employees who wish to discuss an idea, concern or grievance, the employee contacts their immediate supervisor either by email or schedules a meeting.
- If the concern/situation/grievance remains, and cannot be mutually resolved between the employee's immediate supervisor and the employee, the employee will arrange for discussion with the next higher in the supervisory chain-of-command.
- If concern/situation/grievance remains which cannot be mutually resolved in 1 or 2 above, the employee arranges to meet and discuss with the appropriate executive team member.
- Within 10 working days of receipt of the unsolved concern/situation or grievance to the executive team member, he or she will consult with the Director of Human Resources. If desired by the executive team member, he or she may appoint a committee to review the unresolved concern/situation/grievance.
- Within 30 working days of receipt of the unsolved concern or grievance the committee will review the unresolved issue and recommend to the executive team member what, if any, actions to consider.
- The appropriate executive team member will receive the recommendation of the committee and will issue a decision.
|04/10/2017||Transfer of policy page from HTML to CMS. Business and Finance numbers renamed from "2.6000" to "6. Human Resources". Specifically from "2.6013.1—Employee Complaints and Grievance Procedures" to "6.13.1—Employee Complaints and Grievance Procedures".|