Applying to Michigan Tech and Peace Corps
Step 1: Apply to Michigan Tech
If you are seeking admission into a Michigan Tech Peace Corps Master’s International Program, you must apply to one of our eight Peace Corps Master’s International Programs. Your acceptance letter for your chosen program will be required to apply for the Peace Corps.
- Applied Natural Resource Economics
- Applied Science Education
- Biological Sciences
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Forest Resources and Environmental Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Natural Hazards Mitigation (Geology)
- Rhetoric and Technical Communication
You should be in touch with the coordinator for the program that you are applying to prior to filing an application to ensure you know all of the requirements and deadlines. Applying to Michigan Tech is free! To begin your application, visit the graduate school website: http://www.mtu.edu/gradschool/admissions/apply/
Step 2: Apply to Peace Corps
You should submit your application to Peace Corps approximately a year before you plan to begin your Peace Corps service. You can apply on the Peace Corps website: http://www.peacecorps.gov/apply/
- If you want to be considered for departure for Peace Corps service in April, May or June 2014, you need to submit your application by June 30, 2013.
- If you want to be considered for departure in July, August, or September 2014, you need to submit your application no later than September 28, 2013.
The majority of Peace Corps departures occur from June to the end of September, but there are other start dates throughout the year. Peace Corps looks at your availability and skill set to match you up with a suitable country program.
Did you Start your Peace Corps Application First?
If you began your Peace Corp Application before being accepted to the Peace Corps Master’s International program, you need to talk to your regional Peace Corps recruiter about making the switch to a Master’s International program.
You are also encouraged to work with Kari Henquinet, Director of Michigan Tech Peace Corps Master’s International programs, as you start to work on your Peace Corps application.