Michigan Tech's master's in medical informatics graduate program covers the multidisciplinary field of informatics, decision support systems, telemedicine, ethics, security and privacy of data, consumer health informatics, interoperability, mHealth development, international health care systems, and translational research informatics. Students learn how to design and implement innovative applications and promote new technologies to improve health care.
The graduate program offers three specializations, in addition to the curriculum's core courses:
- Healthcare Information Security and Privacy
- Imaging Informatics
- Healthcare Data Informatics and Visualization
Our program is designed to focus on:
- Complex medical decisions
- mHealth development
- Medical data science applications
- Evidence-based medicine
- Disease management
- Imaging informatics
- Health care cyber security
- Population health management and monitoring
The Master of Science in Medical Informatics is designed to
- Deepen understanding and knowledge of medical informatics and the program's various specializations
- Provide students with research opportunities in the field of medical informatics
- Provide a flexible curriculum for both traditional and non-traditional graduate students
Our graduates excel in a wide variety of industry sectors, including hospital and health care systems, health informatics firms, research laboratories, computer/information security firms, medical technology firms, public health organizations, medical software companies, insurance companies, and government organizations.
Michigan Tech's medical informatics graduate degree is offered online, permitting non-traditional students the opportunity to successfully obtain a master's of science degree in medical informatics from a well-respected and ranked institution. Our online courses, with rich media content and learning management software, provide flexible and customizable solutions to meet the needs of our non-traditional students. The online master's in medical Informatics at Michigan Tech is ranked 17th in the nation.
Our online Master's in Medical Informatics ranks 17th in the nation