- MEEM 506
- Research Assistant Professor & Instructor
Dr. Médici is a Research Assistant Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics at Michigan Technological University. Dr. Médici received a PhD in Mechanical Engineering from Michigan Technological University, an MS in Mechanical Engineering from University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez, and a BA in Mechanical Engineering from the National University of Río Cuarto in Argentina. He has an extensive background experience in modeling phase change, heat and mass transport for a broad range of applications. His current projects include modeling heat and mass transport in thin porous media, modeling explosive volcanic eruption, and modeling phase change in cryogenic fuel propellants. He has been working over the past ten years on modeling heat and mass transport for fuel cell applications. He has also developed a GDL pore network model to study the mass transport limitation of PEMFCs. Dr. Medici's most recent effort in this area has been a collaboration with 3M and Tuft University to further extend the pore network model capabilities to model mass transport on PEM fuel cells catalysts.
- Numerical modeling and experimental analysis of multi-transport at the microscale and porous media: PEM fuel cells mass transport limitations, diapers, heat pipes, and oil recovery.
- Shock tube experiments: modeling of violent volcanic eruptions, shock waves propagation on complex structures, dusty supersonic jets expansion, blast absolving materials.
- Kinetic and diffusive modeling of phase change. Phase change in cryogenic fluid propellants.
- Kishan Bellur, Daniel Hussey, David Jacobson, Jacob LaManna, Ezequiel Medici, James Hermanson, Jeffrey S. Allen and Chang Kyoung Choi, "Neutron Attenuation Analysis of Cryogenic Propellants," J. Heat Transfer (), Feb 2018 doi:10.1115/1.4039169.
- E. F. Medici, I. V. Zenyuk, D. Y. Parkinson, A. Z. Weber, and J. S. Allen, “Understanding Water Transport in Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells Using Coupled Continuum and Pore-Network Models,” Fuel Cells, Apr 2016, 9 pages, DOI:10.1002/fuce.201500213 Read More
- E. F. Médici, and J. S. Allen, “A Quantitative Technique to Compare Experimental Observations and Numerical Simulations of Percolation in Thin Porous Materials,” Transport in Porous Media, Mar 2016, pp. 1-13, DOI:10.1007/s11242-016-0672-4 Read More
- H. Deilamsalehy, T. C. Havens, P. Lautala, E. Medici, and J. Davis, “An Automatic Method for Detecting Sliding Railway Wheels and Hot Bearings Using Thermal Imagery,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part F: Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, March 22, 2016, 11 pages, DOI:10.1177/0954409716638703 Read More
- Medici, E. F., Waite, G. P., "Experimental Laboratory Study on the Formation of Multiple Shock Waves Observed during Volcanic Eruptions," Geophysical Research Letters, Online Feb. 2016 DOI: 10.1002/2015GL066426. Read More
- Zenyuk , Iryna V., Medici, Ezequiel, Allen , Jeffrey, Weber, Adam Z. “Coupling Continuum and Pore-network Models for Polymer-electrolyte Fuel Cells,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 40, No. 46, pp. 16831-16845, Dec 2015, DOI 10.1016/j.ijhydene.2015.08.009 Read More
- K. Bellur, V. Konduru, M. Kulshrestha, D. Tyrewala, E. Medici, J. S. Allen, C. K. Choi, D. S. Hussey, D. C. Jacobson, J. B. Leão, J. McQuillen, J. Hermanson, and A. Tamilarasan, “Contact Angle Measurement of Liquid Hydrogen (LH2) in Stainless Steel and Aluminum Cells,” Journal of Heat Transfer, Dec 2015, Vol. 138, No. 2, pp. 020904-020904, DOI:10.1115/1.4032232 Read More
- Bellur, K., Médici, E.F., Kulshreshtha, M., Konduru, V., Tyrewala, D., Tamilarasan, A., McQuillen, J., Leão, J.B., Hussey, D.S., Jacobson, D.L., Scherschligt, J., Hermanson, J.C., Choi, C.K., Allen, J.S., "A New Experiment for Investigating Evaporation and Condensation of Cryogenic Propellants," Journal of Cyrogenics, online October 2015, doi:10.1016/j.cryogenics.2015.10.016 Read More
- K. Bellur, E. Medici, J. Allen, C. K. Choi, J. Hermanson, A. Tamilarasan, D. Hussey, D. Jacobson, J. B. Leao, and J. McQuillen, “Neutron Radiography of Condensation and Evaporation of Hydrogen in a Cryogenic Condition,” Journal of Heat Transfer, Aug 2015, Vol. 137, No. 8, pp. 080901-080901, DOI:10.1115/1.4030442 Read More
- Medici, Ezequiel F., Allen, Jeffrey S., and Waite, Gregory P., 2014, "Modeling Shockwaves Generated by Explosive Volcanic Eruptions,” Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 41 (2), pp. 414-421, DOI: 10.1002/2013GL058340 Read More
- Medici, Ezequiel F., Allen, Jeffrey S., 2013, “Evaporation, Two Phase Flow, and Thermal Transport in Porous Media with Application to Low-temperature Fuel Cells,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 65, pp.779-788, DOI:10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2013.06.035. Read More
- Medici, E., Allen, Jeffrey S., 2011, "Scaling Percolation in Thin Porous Layers," Physics of Fluids, Vol. 23, No. 12, Article ID 122107, 9 pages. Read More
- Jeffrey Allen, Medici, E., "Existence of the Phase Drainage Diagram in PEM Fuel Cell Fibrous Diffusion Media," Journal of Power Sources, Vol 191, No. 2, pp 417-427, 2009-06-15 Read More