John H. Johnson
- MEEM 1015
Research Professor, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
Professor Emeritus, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
- PhD, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Combustion Engines
- Air Pollution
- Emissions Modeling
- Singh, S., Johnson, J. H., Parker G.G., and Yang, S.L., “Vehicle Aftertreatment System Simulation (VEASS Model: Application to a Controls Design Strategy for Active Regeneration of a Catalyzed Particulate Filter”, SAE Paper No. 2005-01-0970, Presented at SAE 2005 World Congress, April 11-14, 2005.
- Shende, A.S., Johnson, J.H., Yang, S.L. Bagley, S. T., and Thalagavara A. M., “The Filtration and Particulate Matter Oxidation Characteristics of a Catalyzed Wall-flow Diesel Particulate Filter: Experimental and 1-D 2-Layer Model Results,” SAE Paper No. 2005-01-0949, Presented at SAE 2005 World Congress, April 11-14, 2005
- George D. Harvey, Kirby J. Baumgard, John H. Johnson, Linda D. Gratz, Susan T. Bagley, and David G. Leddy, "Effects of a Ceramic Particle Trap and Copper Fuel Additive on Heavy-Duty Diesel Emissions," SAE Paper No. 942068, presented at SAE Fuels and Lubricants Meeting and Exposition, October 17-20, 1994.
- Gregory M. Pataky, Kirby J. Baumgard, Linda D. Gratz, Susan T. Bagley, David G. Leddy, and John H. Johnson, "Effects of an Oxidation Catalytic Converter on Regulated and Unregulated Diesel Emissions", SAE Paper No. 940243, presented at SAE International Congress and Exposition, February 28 - March 3, 1994.
- John H. Johnson, Susan T. Bagley, Linda D. Gratz, and David G. Leddy, "A Review of Diesel Particulate Control Technology and Emission Effects", SAE Paper No. 940233, 1992 Horning Memorial Award Lecture, presented at SAE International Congress and Exposition, February 28 - March 4, 1994.