Carl R. Vilmann
- MEEM 925
Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
- PhD, Northwestern University
Areas of Expertise
- Fracture Mechanics
- Stress Analysis
- Finite Element Methods
- Plow blade shape optimization
- Magnetoelastic deformation and buckling
- Vilmann, Carl R., Yap, S.M., and Peach, M.O., 1994, "An Investigation Into Non-Classical Magnetoelastic Bending and Buckling of Ferromagnetic Thin Plates," Proceedings of the 1994 Society for Experimental Mechanics Spring Conference, Baltimore, Maryland, pp. 14-22, June 6-8, 1994.
- Vilmann, Carl R., Nagaranthal, B., 1990, "Optimal Scraper Profiles for Promoting Interfacial Fracture," proceedings of the 1990 Computers in Engineering Conference and Exposition, Boston, Massachusetts, pp. 225-32, August 5-9, 1990.
- Passerello, Chris, Vilmann, Carl R., Lychuk, W.M., Bradley, S.A., Lee, C., 1986, "Stress and Deformation Modeling of Multiple Rotary Combustion Engine Trochoid Housing," SAE International Congress and Exposition, Detroit, 1986.