John K. Gershenson
- MEEM 1022
Professor, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
Peace Corps Master's International Coordinator
- PhD, University of Idaho
Dr. Gershenson performs research in the area of life-cycle engineering. Specific research interests include: life-cycle design, environmentally conscious design, design for manufacturability, decision-based design, modular product design, industrial ecology, agile manufacturing processes, design for post-manufacturing issues, lean manufacturing, and lean product development.
Links of Interest
Areas of Expertise
- Life-Cycle Engineering
- Modular Product Architecture
- Lean Engineering
- Sustainable Product Design
- Life-cycle design
- Modular product and process architectures
- Sustainable product/process design
- Lean manufacturing
- Lean engineering
- Design for post-manufacturing issues
- Mechanisms of innovation
- F. Guo and J.K. Gershenson (2006). “Discovering Relationships between Modularity and Cost.” Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Volume 17, No. 1.
- Pavnaskar, S.J. and J.K. Gershenson (2005). “Application of Value Stream Mapping to Lean Engineering.” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Systems, Volume 8, No. 1.
- X. Ye, J.K. Gershenson, K. Khadke, X. Lai, F. Guo (2005). “An Introduction to Product Family Evaluation Graphs.” Proceedings of the 2005 ASME Design Engineering Technical Conferences – 17th International Conference on Design Theory and Methodology, Long Beach, California, September.
- Gershenson, J.K., G.J. Prasad, and Y. Zhang (2004). “Product Modularity: Measures and Methods.” Journal of Engineering Design, Volume 15, Number 1.
- Guo, F. and J.K. Gershenson (2003). “Comparison of Modular Measurement Methods based on Consistency Analysis and Sensitivity Analysis.” Proceedings of the 2003 ASME Design Engineering Technical Conferences – 15th International Conference on Design Theory and Methodology, Chicago, Illinois, September.
- Pavnaskar, S.J., J.K. Gershenson, and A.B. Jambekar (2002). “A Classification Scheme for Lean Manufacturing Tools.” International Journal of Production Research, Volume 41, Number 13.
- Gershenson, J.K., B.D. Solomon, D.R. Shonnard, D.W. Watkins, and J.W. Sutherland (2001). “Decision Making in the Face of Uncertainty about Global Climate Change Policy.” Proceedings of the ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, New York, November 10-1.