Thomas R. Grimm
- MEEM 905
- Professor Emeritus, Mechanical Engineering—Engineering Mechanics
- PhD, Michigan Technological University
Links of Interest
Areas of Expertise
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Computer-Aided Design
- Applications of the finite element method to problems in biomechanics and other areas of mechanical engineering
- Computer modeling and simulation of mechanical systems
- Development of computer aided design methodologies for optimization of mechanical designs
- Grimm, T. R., Kernosky, S. K., and Weinmann, K. J. , “Design and Modeling of a Transducer for a Sheet Metal Forming Control System,” Proceedings of the Irish Manufacturing Committee, Competitive Manufacturing, Dublin, Ireland, pp. 757-64, 1995.
- Grimm, T. R., Beard, J. E., and Minor, M. A., “Finite Element Analysis of a Powered Gait Orthosis,” Proceedings of the ASME Advances in Bioengineering, ASME Publication, Book No. H010041995.
- "Teaching the Finite Element Method as a Design Tool for Mechanical Engineering", Grimm, T.R., presented at the ASME Computers in Engineering Conference, San Diego, CA, Aug. 8-12, 1993, proceedings pp. 621-624.
- "Teaching Design Creativity Through Bioengineering Oriented Capstone Design Projects", Beard, J.E., Grimm, T.R., Jayaraman, G. and Conwell, J.C., presented at the 1992 North Projects", Beard, J.E., Grimm, T.R., Jayaraman, G. and Conwell, J.C., presented at the 1992 North Midwest Section, ASEE Meeting, Milwaukee, WI, Oct. 8-10, 1992, proceedings, pp. 4.51-4.5.8.
- "Teaching applications of the Finite Element Method to M.E. Students", Grimm, T.R., presented at the 1992 North Midwest Section, ASEE Meeting, Milwaukee, proceedings, pp. 11.4.1-11.4.7.
- "Finite Element Analysis of Interference-Fitted Shafts Subjected to Bending", Garnett, M.D. and Grimm, T.R., presented at ASME International Computers in Engineering Conference, Anaheim, CA, July 30-Aug. 3, 1989, published in Volume 2, Conference Proceedings, pp. 273-280.