Adjunct Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
- PhD, Oakland University
Dr. id is the acting Senior Technical Expert (STE) for the Concepts, Analysis, System Simulation & Integration (CASSI) organization at the U.S. Army RDECOM-TARDEC. As the STE, Dr. Reid has responsibility and oversight for all research and experimentation conducted by the CASSI organization, roughly a 100+ person organization. Dr. Reid is also a member of CASSI’s Motion Base Technology Team( MBTT). The MBTT is comprised of scientists and engineers performing man- and hardware-in-the-loop experiments, where he has worked for the past 23 years. Over the past 10 years, Dr. Reid has been involved in many facets of man-in-the-loop experimentation, ranging from building up terrain databases to image visualization. Currently, Dr. Reid is the lead engineer on a series of Duty Cycle Experiments, designed to measure how a military crew would respond to ambushes/threats during a driving scenario. These experiments utilize a high-fidelity motion base simulator, coupled with visuals and a dynamic model of the vehicle with soldiers as the crew. r. Reid has knowledge is database development, mathematics, computer programming, computer mage generation, data analysis and more. These skills are onducts many manned and unmanned experiments yearly.
- Alexander Reid, Brad Hopkins, Saied Taheri, Mehdi Ahmadian, “Yaw Stability Control and Emergency Roll Control for Vehicle Rollover Mitigation”, 2010 SAE Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress, Oct. 2010.
- Alexander Reid, David Gorsich, John Ferris, Joshua Kern, “Characterizing 2D Road Profiles using ARIMA Modeling Techniques”, 2007 SPIE Defense and Security: Space Technologies, Displays, Modeling and Simulation, and Intelligent and Unmanned Systems, Apr. 2007, Refereed. (25%)
- Alexander Reid, David Gorsich, Chaired a workshop titled: “Vehicle Terrain Interaction” at the 2005 SAE Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress & Exhibition, Nov 2005.
- J. Gavin Howe, Alexander Reid, Jeffrey P. Chrstos, R. Wade Allen, Thomas T. Myers, Donchan Lee, Chi-Ying Liang, David J. Gorsich, “Further Analysis of Potential Road/Terrain Characterization Rating Metrics”, 2005 SAE Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress & Exhibition, Nov., 2005. Selected for SAE’s 2005 Transactions. Refereed. (20%)
- A. Reid, S. Shoop, P. Richmond, G. Mason, “Terrain Surface Codes for an All-Season, Off-Road Ride Motion Simulator”, Modeling & Simulation Information Analysis Refereed. (25%)