Adjunct Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
- PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2002
Links of Interest
Areas of Expertise
- Computational solid mechanics
- Multiscale modeling
- Failure and fracture of materials
- Dynamic fracture
- Predictive modeling and large scale simulation of deformation and failure of advanced materials
- Multiscale modeling to investigate the effect of microstructure on the macroscopic behavior of materials
- Design and analysis of biologically inspired materials
- Characterization of failure of ceramics, metallic glasses and polymers over multiple time scales
- H. Zhang, S. Maiti, and G. Subhash. Local heating associated with shear band evolution in bulk metallic glass. In press, Journal of Applied Physics, 2007.
- S. Yao, G. Subhash, and S. Maiti. Nanoindentation response of diatom frustules. In press, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2007.
- P. G. Nittur, S. Maiti and P. H. Geubelle. Grain-level analysis of dynamic fragmentation of ceramics under multiaxial compression. In press, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 2007.
- X. Jing, G. Subhash and S. Maiti. A new analytical model for estimation of scratch induced damage in brittle solids. Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 90(3):885-892, 2007.
- V. Dantuluri, S. Maiti, P. H. Geubelle, R. Patel and H. Kilic. Cohesive modeling of delamination in Z-pin reinforced composite laminates. 67(3-4):616-631, Composites Science and Technology, 2007. Read More
- S. Maiti, C. Shankar, P. H. Geubelle and J. Keiffer. Continuum and molecular-level modeling of fatigue crack retardation in self-healing polymers. Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology, 128(4):595-602, 2006. Read More
- M. L. Parks, E. de Sturler, G. Mackey, D. D. Johnson, and S. Maiti. Recycling Krylov subspaces for sequences of linear systems. SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 28(5):1651-1674, 2006. Read More