- MEEM 821
Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
Faculty Advisor, BoardSport Technologies Enterprise
Faculty Advisor, SEM
- PhD, Iowa State University
Links of Interest
- Use of severe plastic deformation to alter properties of materials
- Failure studies of random fiber composites with applications to structural problems
- Failure of sandwich panels with applications to structural problems
- Nanoscale properties of interphase in polymer matrix composites
- Photomechanics integrated with digital image processing for thermomechanical stress analysis
Areas of Expertise
- Engineering Mechanics
- Experimental Stress Analysis
- Composite Materials
- S. Li, I. Miskioglu and B.S. Altan, “Gradient Elasticity Solution to Line Loading of a Semi-infinite Elastic Solid,” Int. Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol. 41, No. 13, pp. 3395-3410 (2004).
- B. S. Altan, G. Purcek and I. Miskioglu, “An Upper Bound Analysis for Equal-Channel Angular Extrusion,” Journal of Material Processing Technology, Vol 168, No. 1, pp. 137-146 (2005).
- D. D. Wright-Charlesworth, D. M. Miller, I. Miskioglu, J. A. King, “Nanoindentation of Injection Molded PLA and Self- Reinforced Composite PLA After in Vitro Conditioning,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, Volume 74A, No. 3, pp.388-396 (2005).
- G. Purcek, B. S. Altan, I. Miskioglu, A. Patil, “Mechanical properties of severely deformed ZA-27 alloy using equal-channel angular extrusion,” Materials Science and Technology, Vol. 21, No. 9, pp. 1044-1048 (2005)