Adjunct Professor, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
- PhD, University of California at San Diego
Links of Interest
- Mechanical behavior of metallic glasses, nanostructured materials and porous foams
- Modeling of material removal mechanisms during high speed grinding and wear
- Dynamic behavior of rocks, concrete, ceramics, metals, bulk metallic glasses, and composites
- Hydroforming of aluminum extrusions
Areas of Expertise
- Experimental Mechanics
- High Strain Rate Mechanics
- Constitutive Behavior of Metallic Glasses
- Structural Foams
- Composites and Metals
- Dynamic Hardness & Dynamic Wear Fracture
- Bio Inspired Nanotechnology
- H. Zhang, X. Jing, G. Subhash, L. J. Kecskes and R. J. Dowding, “Investigation of shear band evolution in amorphous alloys beneath a Vickers indentation” Acta Materialia, Vol. 53, pp. 3849-3859 (2005).
- G. Subhash and R. Bandyo, “A new scratch resistance measure for structural ceramics” J. Am. Ceram. Soc. Vol.88, No.4, pp.918-925 (2005)
- Q. Liu, G.Subhash and X-L. Gao, “A parametric study on crushability of open-cell structural polymeric foams” to J. Porous Materials, Vol.12, No.3, 241-256 (2005)
- M. Imaninejad, G. Subhash and A. Loukus, “Loading path optimization of Tube Hydroforming”, Int. J. Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol. 45, 1504-1514 (2005).
- G. Subhash and Q. Liu, “Crushability maps for structural polymeric foams under uniaxial loading in rigid confinement” Experimental Mechanics, Vol.44 , pp. 289-294, (2004).
- Q. Liu and G. Subhash, “A phenomenological constitutive model for polymer foams under large deformations” Polymer Engineering and Science Vol.44, pp.463–473, (2004).
- C.Y. Huang and G. Subhash, “Influence of lateral confinement on dynamic damage evolution during uniaxial compressive response of brittle solids” Journal of Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 51/6 pp.1089-1105 (2003).