Assistant Professor, Mathematical Sciences
- PhD, Statistics, Clemson University
- MS, Statistics, Clemson University
- BA, Mathematics and Statistics, Concordia University
Min Wang graduated from Concordia University in December 2007 with major in Mathematics and Statistics, and then went on to earn an M.S. and Ph.D. from Clemson University, where his research mainly focused on Bayesian hypothesis testing and variable selection in high dimensional regression. After finishing his Ph.D. in May 2013, Dr. Wang joined the faculty of Michigan Tech University in August 2013 as a member of the Department of Mathematical Sciences. His teaching interests include engineering statistics, linear models, and multivariate statistics. His current research lies broadly in the areas of Bayesian statistics, multivariate analysis, model selection, and quality and reliability engineering, all in the pragmatic and theoretical aspects. I am looking for bright and highly motivated undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in the areas of statistics, including but not limited to Bayesian statistics and applied statistics. If you would like to work with me, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Links of Interest
Areas of Expertise
- Bayesian Statistics
- Statistical Computing
- Bayesian Modeling
- Statistical Consulting
- M. Wang, X. Sun and T. Lu (2014), Bayesian structured variable selection in linear regression models. Resubmitted after revision.
- S. Tu, M. Wang and X. Sun (2014), Bayesian analysis of two-piece location-scale models. Submitted.
- M. Wang and X. Sun (2014). Bayes factor consistency for nested linear models with a growing number of parameters. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference. 147, 95-105. Read More
- K. Hungwe, S. Sorby, R. Molzon, P. Charlesworth & M. Wang (2014). Supporting the development of spatial visualization in middle grades and high school students. To appear in Journal of Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering. Read More
- T. Lu, Y. Huang, M. Wang and F. Qian (2014). A refined parameter estimating approach for HIV dynamic model. Journal of Applied Statistics, 41, 1645-1657. Read More
- M. Wang, J. Zhao, X. Sun, and C. Park. (2013). Robust explicit estimation of the two-parameter Birnbaum-Saunders distribution. Journal of Applied Statistics, 40, 2259-2274. Read More
- M. Wang and X. Sun (2013). Bayes factor consistency for unbalanced ANOVA models. Statistics: A Journal of Theoretical and Applied Statistics, 47, 1104-1115. Read More
- M. Wang and X. Sun (2013). Bayes factor consistency for one-way ANOVA random effects models. To appear in Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods. Read More
- P. Merritt, G. Cobb, M. Wang, P. Schnarrs, and S. Jack (2013). Can a gay man play it straight? How being 'out' influences perceptions of masculinity and performance appraisal. Psychology of Popular Media Culture, Vol 2(3), Jul 2013, 150-160. Read More
- M. Wang and X. Sun (2012). Bayesian inference for the correlation coefficient in two seemingly unrelated regressions. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 56, no. 8, 2442-2453. Read More