- Assistant Professor, Mathematical Sciences
- PhD, Statistics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- MS, Statistics, Seoul National University
- BS/BA, Mathematics/Economics, Seoul National University
Yeonwoo Rho received her B.S. in Mathematics, B.A. in Economics, and M.S. in Statistics at Seoul National University, followed by a PhD in Statistics at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. After her graduation, she is working as an Assistant Professor in Statistics in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at Michigan Technological University. Her research focuses on time series analysis, self-normalization method, bootstrap and resampling methods, and broadening applicability of these methods to other areas such as econometrics. She is a member of the American Statistical Association and Korean International Statistical Society.
Areas of Expertise
- Time Series Analysis
- Unit Root Testing
- Censored Data
- Mixed Frequency Data
- Yeonwoo Rho and Xiaofeng Shao (2015+) Bootstrap-Assisted Unit Root Testing with Piecewise Locally Stationary Errors. Invited for revision.
- Yeonwoo Rho and Xiaofeng Shao (2015) Inference for time series regression models with weakly dependent and heteroscedastic errors. Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 33(3), 444-457. Read More
- Yeonwoo Rho and Xiaofeng Shao (2013) Improving the bandwidth-free Inference methods by pre-whitening. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 143(11), 1912-1922. Read More
- MA3710 Engineering Statistics
- MA5741 Multivariate Statistics