Laptops were made available for visitor use through the generosity of the Friends of the Library.
By checking out a library laptop the user agrees to the terms and conditions outlined in the Michigan Tech Computer Use Policy, the Library's Circulation Loan Policies and the Food and Drink Policy. (Print copies of these policies are available upon request.)
- Laptops are available to all students possessing a valid Tech Express card and in good standing (i.e. no blocks on account.)
- Laptops are for in-library use only and may not be removed from the building.
- Laptops may be checked out for 3 hours at the Library Service Center. One 1- hour renewal is allowed if no other patrons are waiting for a laptop.
- No holds, recalls or reservations will be placed for laptops.
- Return laptops to the Library Service Center. You will be asked to wait while the Library Service Center staff member checks the laptop. Do not return a laptop or any accessories in the book return slots.
- Laptops must be returned 30 minutes before the Library closes. No laptops will be checked out within one-hour of closing.
- Overdue laptops will accrue fines at the rate of $15.00 per hour ($.25/minute.) There is a 10-minute grace period. Maximum fines will not exceed the replacement costs/processing fees.
- Laptops overdue for 24 hours will be considered lost and the borrower will be liable for all replacement charges and processing fees.
- Borrowers are responsible for laptops and all accessories checked out to them. The replacement cost of a laptop unit is in excess of $1,000 USD. Charges for lost or damaged accessories as well as any repair and processing costs also are the responsibility of the borrower.
- Do not leave laptops unattended at any time.
- Report any malfunctions or problems with the laptops to the Library Service Center immediately.
- Do not save any files to the hard drive of the laptop. Files will be removed.