Document Delivery Policy
Who is eligible?
- Faculty and/or enrolled students in distance education programs.
- Faculty on Sabbatical
- Enrolled Graduate students
- Employees of MTRI or similar “satellite” locations.
What does the service include?
- Copies of journal articles, book chapters, and conference papers from the Library’s print collections.
- Loans of material from the library collections with loan periods of at least five weeks.
What is not included?
- Materials available via the library’s e-journals or e-books subscriptions.
- Reference, Archives or Special Collections items cannot be loaned. (Limited copying may be possible.)
- Materials with a loan period of less than five weeks such as maps and journal issues.
- Materials in fragile condition may be excluded from delivery at the Library’s discretion.
How does it work?
You request material using your ILLiad account. Include as much information as possible, including the item call number. Copies are generally delivered electronically within 2 or 3 days.
Loans are checked out to you on your library account. All Circulation policies apply. When requesting off-campus loans include your shipping address in the notes field. Loan materials are sent via USPS. You are responsible for returning the items you borrow.
How much does it cost?
You are responsible for return postage of any loaned items.
Can I get items you do not own?
Yes. We will forward any interlibrary loan items as allowed by the lending library. You are responsible for returning any ILL loans to us before the due date. Please, do not return materials directly to the lending library.
Copies are delivered electronically.