Leading public research institution Michigan Technological University is hiring a help desk consultant.
Help Desk Consultant—Open Position
The Help Desk Consultant provides the first level of support for customers of Information Technology at Michigan Tech. The Help Desk Consultant will receive, prioritize, document and actively resolve IT help requests for University students, faculty, staff and the broader campus community. The Consultant works collaboratively with other Information Technology professionals to provide superior user service to the entire campus in support of teaching, research, and learning.
We call our students crazy smart, but our staff are, too. At Michigan Tech, you'll get to:
- Work in a team where collaboration, creativity, respect, and community is the standard
- Use your skills to impact more than 10,000 webpages viewed 20 million times worldwide each year
- Live and play in one of the top small towns in the US, with four seasons of outdoor adventure like skiing, biking, and hiking and favorite local events including Winter Carnival, Heikinpaiva, and Parade of Nations
Think working here is for you? Learn more about us.
Every employee at Michigan Technological University will receive the following required trainings; additional training may be required by the department.
- Employee Safety Overview
- Sexual Harassment Training
- Annual Data Security Training
The qualifications and specifications mentioned above are intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty. The position will be filled based on qualifications regardless of Race, Color, Disability, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, National Origin, Height, Weight, Age, Veteran, or Marital Status.