Curricular Practical Training: How and When to Apply
How to Apply
- You need a job offer letter from your employer on company letterhead. The letter must
- Your name
- Company name
- Company's main address
- The address where you will be working
- Co-op start and end dates*
- Number of hours you work each week
- Brief job description
- Complete and return the co-op application form and turn it in with your job offer letter to the Career Services Office.
- When IPS receives your co-op approval we will give you a new I-20 listing your employer name, address, and start and end date.
- Please allow up to two weeks for processing.
Do not begin a job before you receive your employment authorization. Working off-campus without authorization violates of your F-1 status.
* See the chart below for Career Services approved dates.
When to Apply
CPT processing take five to seven business days.
|Semester||Start Dates||End Date|
|Fall 2017||August 28-September 17||December 15-January 16|
|Spring 2018||January 8-January 22||April 27-May 14|
Full - Summer 2018
|May 7-May 21||August 16-September 4|
|Track A - Summer 2018||May 7-May 21||June 28-July 2|
|Track B - Summer 2018||June 25-July 16||August 16-September 4|