The Parade of Nation’s purpose is to showcase the culture and countries represented in the Keweenaw. Please review these guidelines before filling out the form below.
Flags and Signs
- One nation flag and sign will be provided.
- The first representative to request the flag and sign from that country may carry it.
- Everyone is welcome to march in the Parade of Nations.
- A person can choose to march with any of the represented countries.
- Line up starts at 10 a.m. in front of FirstMerit Bank on Quincy Street in Hancock.
- Parade starts at 11 a.m.
- All floats must be designed according to this year’s Parade of Nations theme.
- All floats must be registered for parade participation by completing an application.
- A float can be a decorated vehicle, a vehicle pulling a decorated trailer, or other motorized or non-motorized conveyances that serves as a platform for a decorated display, exhibit, and/or performance.
- Float approval Approval of the float will be sent prior to the event.
- Promotion of political parties is not permitted due to the nature of this event.
- On parade day, each float will be checked to ensure all guidelines are being followed and that the float matches the description on the application. We reserve the right to deny float participation.
- Handing out or gently tossing candy a short distance is permitted. Avoid throwing it.
Need A Ride?
Need a ride on Saturday? Please, make note of the following:
- Free transportation from Houghton to Hancock will be provided by the Houghton Motor Transit Line
- Pick up location: Memorial Union Building to Hancock:
- First bus: 9:30 a.m.
- Last bus: 10:35 a.m.