Connect and Collaborate
The Parade of Nations committee is comprised of members of the community, Michigan Tech, and Finlandia universities. Members are responsible for selecting the theme; organizing the parade and multicultural festival; soliciting donations; screening and approving float, booth and performance applications and grant requests; and disbursing funds to qualifying organizations.
If you would like to find out how to become a committee member, please contact our Committee Chair or call IPS at 906-487-2160.
Parade of Nations Committee
- Darnishia Slade, 2015 Chair—Michigan Tech International Programs and Services
- Vienna Chapin, 2015 Co-Chair—Michigan Tech International Programs and Services
- Brenda Anttila—Michigan Tech University Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Scott Austin—Michigan Tech University
- Laura Bianucci—Finlandia University
- Kiersten Birondo—Houghton Community and Lake Superior Community Broadcasting Corp.
- Machel Burgess—Michigan Tech International Programs and Services
- Cindy Barrett—Homestead Graphics and Design
- Jenn Donovan—Michigan Tech University Marketing and Communications
- Laura Givens—Michigan Tech International Programs and Services
- Nopparuj Saipong—Michigan Tech student
- Joe Schutte—Eagle Radio
- Nisa Shamshun—Michigan Tech student
- Mary Stevens—Michigan Tech International Programs and Services
- Bob Wenc—Michigan Tech International Programs and Services
- Maryann Wilcox—Michigan Tech Student Activities
The Parade of Nations and Multicultural Fest relies on spirited cooperation between area campuses and the community. There are many ways to volunteer, actively supporting the mission to promote international understanding, build cultural awareness, and celebrate the diversity inherent in our healthy, strong, and inclusive environment. Your participation on any level is meaningful. Attend events or host a booth. Entertain or applaud. Score a T-shirt for your monetary donation. Help set up or clean up. Or choose to become a major sponsor and multiply your impact on one of Keweenaw’s premiere events.