Academically eligible students who do not meet the English language proficiency requirements may be granted conditional admission by successfully completing our English as a Second Language program (ESL). If you score below the minimum required, you will automatically be considered for conditional admission. Applicants who are admitted to our English as a Second Language program may be eligible to enroll in University level courses with approval from the ESL advisor.
- Completed and submitted undergraduate online application or completed paper application. There is no application fee.
- Official English language proficiency exam (TOEFL, IELTS or its equivalent) sent directly to Michigan Tech by the testing agency. A complete list of English language proficiency requirements is available. NOTE: Even if you do not meet our requirements, test scores are required to help us determine your current level of proficiency.
- Official secondary transcripts or mark sheets. Must include final three years of secondary school with proof of completion, such as a Leaving Certificate or copy of Diploma. Transfer applicants should submit official transcripts of all college/university previously attended or currently attending. English translations must accompany all documents. Certified True Copies may be acceptable, with prior approval.
Upon admission and prior to issuance of the form I-20, please submit the documents listed below:
- A completed Affidavit of Financial Support form.
- Bank statement demonstrating sufficient funds for at least one full year of studies.
NOTE: Both documents must be dated no earlier than 12 months before your intended start date. Applicants may scan and email the documents to us. Please make sure that your M#, given name and family name are included on each page.
- Copy of passport information/photo page.
- Students currently in the US are also required to complete a transfer in form.
To receive your admissions documents through express and secured delivery, please utilize eShipGlobal.