More About Machel
- Machel dreamed of being an actress when she was young, so she is quite talented at
speaking in accents!
- Family is her everything—she has three children of her own, and during her time in
IPS many international students have also adopted her as their American mom.
- Supervises student staff
- Oversees undergraduate and online application processing
- Advises and processes 12-month OPTs
More About Vienna
- Vienna was born and raised in the "Yoop."
- She received her first BA from Finlandia University in liberal arts and communications,
and her second BA from Michigan Tech in scientific and technical communications.
- She enjoys analyzing graphic design and film.
- Manages study abroad recruitment
- Helps students with study abroad applications
- Manages study abroad pre-departure sessions
- Assists with faculty-led study abroad programs
- Produces study abroad promotions
- Manages study abroad webpages
- Parade of Nations Committee Co-Chair
More About Laura
- Laura is a hockey mom, and enjoys cheering on the Hancock Bulldogs, especially her
- Her hidden talent is high-kicking—she has high-kicked in front of several famous landmarks,
including the Eiffel Tower!
- Assists with new International student arrival & orientation
- Assist with the coordination of study abroad sessions
- Assist with project development/management and department activities
- Oversees department finances
- Administer e-mail alerts/announcements to prospective and current international and
study abroad students
- Parade of Nations Committee Member
More About Helen
- Six of her siblings graduated from Michigan Tech. Helen is the seventh! She studied
chemistry and Spanish.
- Helen has a newfound love for racquetball—you’ll find her up at the SDC courts every
chance she gets.
- Coordinates incoming exchange student program
- Assists in international recruiting and credential evaluation
- Manages admissions communications
- Coordinates international student arrivals
- Advises students applying for national scholarships and fellowships (Fulbright, Boren,
- Coordinates J-Scholar Program
- International student SEVIS registration
- Processes new I-20s for student program extensions, address changes, changing financial
support, change of major, change of level, and adding dependents
- International student transfers in and out
- Processes newly admitted undergraduate I-20 and DS-2019 forms, acceptance letters,
and scholarship letters
- Assists with international student arrivals
- Director of International Career Education
More About Darnishia
- Dar enjoys quality time with family and friends. Her favorite pastime is watching
a good comedy, and she’s always up for an impromptu road trip.
- Darnishia enjoys spending time with her puppy Trotter, especially when they have opportunities
to work as a team providing pet therapy for students and local organizations.
- CPT and OPT work authorizations
- Career advising
Cassy Tefft de Munoz
- Director of International Programs and Services
More About Cassy
- When not at the office, Cassy spends time camping, reading, hiking, eating, and exploring
the local area with her husband, daughter, and playful puppy.
- Cassy's favorite foods include chicken tikka, tacos de pastor, and Gỏi cuốn (Vietnamese
- Inspector Gadget—that’s Cassy's nickname. A ceaseless problem-solver and eternal optimist,
Cassy is passionate about supporting students as they dream and create the future,
wherever the world takes them.
- Oversees recruitment and admission of international undergraduate students
- Oversees cultural and transition support for the international student community
- Oversees study abroad programs
- Oversees campus and community internationalization initiatives
- Program Representative/Community Liaison
More About Bob
- Bob retired from his full-time position at Michigan Tech in 2005, but since then has
enjoyed working part-time in IPS—especially when the work is not in the morning hours!
- Assist with new international student arrivals
- Parade of Nations fundraising and Multicultural Festival booth and facility coordination
- Assist international undergraduate students with off-campus housing questions
- Plans and hosts special events like International Ski Day and day trips
- Helps establish and maintain positive relations between IPS and local organizations
- Helps where needed whenever possible
- Senior Student Staff Assistant
More About Mackenzie
- The first-year mechanical engineering major from Hancock, Michigan has broken or chipped
her teeth 11 times! Also, she can wiggle her eyes.
More About Anna
- The third-year management and global business major from Grand Blanc, MI is an avid
aviator. The T-6G Texan is her favorite aircraft! If you ever want to talk travel,
aviation, or business she's the person to meet.
- If Anna isn't studying or working, chances are she's reading. She also hopes to continue
traveling the world to learn more about other cultures.
More About Via
- The second-year double majoring in management information systems and marketing from
Chennai, India loves trying new food from different cultures!
- When Via is stressed, she likes watching a Friends episode..or two..or three..
- She's also a Potterhead, so ask her anything about Harry Potter!
- ISA Study Abroad Ambassador
More About Zachery
- The third-year audio production and technology major is from Lake City, Michigan.
- Zach tells really terrible stories that his friends critique on a scale of 1 to 100.
He also tells terrible jokes (so ask him to tell you one at your own risk!).
- ISA Study Abroad Ambassador
More About Casey
- Casey has loved the Chicago Cubs since 2001, so much so that it motivated him to study
abroad in the Dominican Republic, as many of his favorite players (Sammy Sosa, Alfonso
Soriano, and Starlin Castro to name a few) were from there.
- He also enjoys supporting the local music scene and often hosts live shows in his
living room featuring bands from around the Great Lakes region!
More About Quan
- Quan is a fourth-year mechanical engineering technology student from Vietnam. However,
he has been studying abroad (in Thailand and the US) since 8th grade!
- He is a brother at Theta Kappa Psi.
- USAC Study Abroad Ambassador
More About Elizabeth
- Elizabeth is a third-year biological sciences major with a concentration in pre-veterinary
medicine. She's from Grand Marais, Michigan, a tiny town right on Lake Superior.
- A "huge Greek mythology nerd," one of her goals is to travel to Greece to explore
the land where the myths originate.
- She hopes to move to Montana after veterinary school to open a practice and run a
small horse ranch.