Copper Country Lean / Continuous Improvement Group
The Copper Country Lean/Continuous Improvement Group is an association of businesses and organizations involved with Lean, quality, and continuous improvement efforts. They meet quarterly to learn more about continuous improvement, share stories, collaborate, ask questions, and celebrate successes.
The group is based in the Houghton, Michigan area. For more information or to be put on the group's email list, contact Ruth Archer at 906-487-3180 or email@example.com.
The next meeting of the group is June 3, 2014.
- Provides companies with consultation and training. Karen Martin & Associates has great website resources with free webinars and articles.
- Great resources, networking forums, educational trainings and conferences.
- University of Michigan offers a range of Lean Certification program offerings in both on-campus short course and online formats.
- Business related social media site, which is a great source for Lean networking. Search for groups dedicated to Lean practice.
- Offer a diverse network to share innovative practices ensuring sustainable competitive advantage in Michigan, measured by economic, environmental, and social health.
Free Online Tools
- Trello - Collaborative personal kanbans, web based and available on mobile devices.
- Toodledo - To-do list that includes alarms, is sortable and collaborative and available on mobile, in email, on your calendar or online.
- LeanKit - Visual project management for teams, free for up to 10 users with 3 kanban boards and more available for a fee.