Requirements for Applying to be an Undergraduate Writing Coach
Undergraduate writing coaches must
- be a Michigan Tech undergraduate student;
- have completed at least two semesters of course work at Michigan Tech; and
- have a Michigan Tech cumulative GPA of 3.0 (preferred).
Requirements While Employed
- Coaches will work eight hours per week—work schedules are determined around the coach’s course schedule.
- Work hours are from 9 a.m.–5 p.m. on Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m.–4 p.m. on Friday.
- New coaches must enroll in HU4101 (Theories in Literacy) during the first fall semester as a coach.
- All coaches must attend an ongoing coach education program every Tuesday from 5–6 p.m. during both the fall and spring semesters.
- Confidentiality is a requirement of all those who work in the Multiliteracies Center.