MTMC Employment Opportunities
Requirements for Applying to be an Undergraduate Writing Coach
Undergraduate writing coaches must
- be a Michigan Tech undergraduate student;
- have completed at least two semesters of course work at Michigan Tech; and
- have a Michigan Tech cumulative GPA of 3.0 (preferred).
Requirements While Employed
- Coaches will work eight hours per week—work schedules are determined around the coach’s course schedule.
- Work hours are from 10 a.m.–5 p.m. on Monday through Thursday, and 10 a.m.–3 p.m. on Friday. Some coaches may also be asked to work during our evening hours on Monday and Tuesday 7-9 p.m.
- New coaches must enroll in HU4101 (Theories in Literacy) during the first fall semester as a coach.
- All coaches must attend an ongoing coach education program every Tuesday from 5–6 p.m. during both the fall and spring semesters.
- Confidentiality is a requirement of all those who work in the Multiliteracies Center.