In order to receive full consideration for Departmental financial assistance beginning the following Fall semester, you must complete the application process by January 15. Applications may be considered after the January 15 deadline, though financial support will be awarded based on limited availability. To determine the availability of funding after the deadline, contact the Director of Graduate Studies.
Applying to the RTC Program
Prospective students should apply online at the Graduate School.
Applications will not be complete until all of the following items are received. These can all be submitted online on your personalized MyMichiganTech website.
- A Michigan Tech Graduate School Application
- Three letters of recommendation from people knowledgeable about your academic abilities. We prefer that most of your letters of recommendation come from faculty members with whom you have studied.
- Your official transcripts.
- Your Statement of Purpose. (This will be carefully considered by the RTC Graduate Committee.)
- A writing sample that illustrates your work and intellectual interests.
- A curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume
- If applicable, GRE scores.
- If applicable, your official TOEFL scores if English is not your native language.