Karla Saari Kitalong
Director of Composition
- PhD, Michigan Technological University
Dr. Karla Saari Kitalong’s research and teaching interests are situated at the intersections of visual rhetoric and usability. Her recent work, funded by both the National Science Foundation and the National Endowment for the Humanities, is in formative evaluation and user-centered design of mixed reality simulations, humanities learning games, and immersive databases.
Links of Interest
- Johnson, E. V., Kitalong, K. M., Gray, A. A., "Writing Across the Keweenaw: Imagining a Fusion of Educators in a Remote Rural Context", Community Literacy Journal. (July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2012). (peer-reviewed/refereed) (Not Accepted)
- Kitalong, K. M., "From Collision to Collaboration: A New Role for Project Evaluators in the Development of Interactive Media" in Higher Education, Emerging Technologies, and Community Partnerships: Concepts, Models, and Applications. Bowdon, M., Carpenter, R., (IGI Global, 2011),. (Published)
- Kitalong, K. M., "From Collision to Collaboration: An Expanded Role for Project Evaluators in the Development of Interactive Media" in Higher Education, Emerging Technologies, and Community Partnerships: Concepts, Models, and Applications. Kitalong, K. M., (IGI Global, April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2011), Chapter 25, 278-284. (Published)
- Kitalong, Karla M., "About Programmatic Perspectives: The New CPTSC Journal", Association of Teachers of Technical Writing, Association of Teachers of Technical Writing, San Francisco, CA, Oral. (March 11, 2008 - Present).
- Kitalong, Karla M., "Drawing and Self-reflection as Formative Evaluation Tools and as Catalysts for Adolescents’ STEM Learning", American Educational Research Association, American Educational Research Association, Vancouver, B.C., Oral. (April 13, 2012 - April 17, 2012).
- Kitalong, Karla M., "Learning from Children’s Drawings: Gatekeepers of the Future Representing Power and Agency", College Composition and Communication, National Council of Teachers of English, St. Louis, MO, Oral. (March 21, 2012 - March 24, 2012).
- Kitalong, Karla M., Zhang Y., Moody J., "Information Fluency, Technical Communication, and Creativity", Information Fluency, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, Oral. (March 9, 2011 - March 11, 2011).