What is SWEAT?
SWEAT is a wellness program designed to assist you in getting and staying active! It is part of a comprehensive wellness initiative for benefits-eligible employees at Michigan Tech.
How does it work?
Contact email@example.com to sign up for the weekly Employee Wellness newsletter with the latest happenings.
What are my options through SWEAT?
- Receive a 6-week SDC membership and meet with a personal trainer. After completion, receive a 25% off coupon to use toward an SDC membership or HuskiesFit punch-card. One per employee.
- Meet with the SWEAT Coordinator to discuss your goals and create a workout program for you to do on your own.
- Participate in a wellness challenge to help you get active, lose weight, or meet people.
- Check out the resources for a listing of local groups, facilities, and events to keep your fitness fresh.
- Options change per semester. The weekly email will have up-to-date information or contact the SWEAT Coordinator.
Have an idea for a group activity?
Setting it up is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Contact the SWEAT Coordinator. If there is interest, the coordinator will help you find a space and time for the activity and will manage the calendar.
- Commit to showing up! Depending on the activity, as the Group Leader you will be responsible for bringing a laptop/DVDs, sports equipment, etc. and setting up the workout.
- Have fun and enjoying being active with others!
Meet your SWEAT Coordinator
Shannon Brodeur earned her bachelor’s degree from Northern Michigan University and is certified as a personal trainer and a health & wellness coach. She serves on several health & wellness committees at Michigan Tech and is passionate about bringing the joy of physical activity to all individuals. Shannon adheres to a Body Positive philosophy of self-acceptance and finding physical activities that feel good to the individual. She believes in empowering people with practical tools, inspiration, and support to find their own way to lasting good health. She enjoys a variety of activities including hiking, kayaking, and snowshoeing with friends and family, as well as staying current on the latest information on employee wellness.