Social Wellness * Employee Action * Teamwork
What is SWEAT?
The SWEAT program is designed to assist employees in getting and staying active by building a culture of health and offering a variety of fitness-related activities. It is part of a comprehensive wellness initiative for benefit-eligible employees at Michigan Tech.
How does it work?
Eligible employees may contact the SWEAT Coordinator to receive weekly emails with the schedule of events.
Each new participant will receive a one-time free 6-week membership to the SDC with the option to try out a Community Programs class (options vary per semester) OR personal training with a certified personal trainer.
Employees completing this one-time 6-week session will receive 25% off the purchase of an SDC membership or 8-punch Community Programs class specific card. One per employee.
What are my ongoing options within the program?
- Meet with the SWEAT Coordinator to discuss your goals and create a program for you
- Join coworkers for an informal group activity such as yoga, Tai Chi, or high intensity workouts
- Participate in a 6-week group such as Ease Into Running or the Total Beginner Program
- Check out the fitness library for DVDs, local groups, facilities, and events to keep your fitness fresh
Options change per semester. The weekly email will have up-to-date information or contact the SWEAT Coordinator.
I have an idea for a group activity! How do I set one up?
It’s as easy as 1-2-3.
- Contact the SWEAT Coordinator to have your idea added to the weekly email. If there is interest, the coordinator will help you find a space and time for the activity and will manage the calendar.
- Commit to showing up! Depending on the activity, as the Group Leader you will be responsible for bringing a laptop/DVDs, sports equipment, etc. and setting up the workout.
- Have fun and enjoying being active with others!
Who Do I Contact?
Shannon Brodeur, BS, CHWC, CPT