Living Guide —Weapons and Firearms
Weapons, firearms, and ammunition are not permitted in the residence halls. (This includes paintball and airsoft equipment) Public Safety and Police Services does offer weapons storage within their facility. Weapons must be unloaded when transported into the Public Safety and Police Services building or other designated weapons storage areas. Registration in a physical education course in archery carries automatic registration of the bow and arrows for the purpose of this policy.
- To check in your registered weapon
- Enter weapon information on Banweb such as make, model, serial number and other weapon information.
- Print or email the proof of registration.
- Bring the weapon to Pubic Safety and Police Services unloaded, safety engaged, and with a trigger lock or chamber block.
- A valid photo ID is required to check in or remove a registered weapon from a designated weapons storage area.
- Weapons check-out time: 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Weapons check-in time: 24 hours a day
For more information please visit the Department of Public Safety and Police Services.
For the complete Board of Trustees Policy, please see the following link: Board of Trustees Policy 12.7. Weapons Registration