Living Guide —Weapons and Firearms
Weapons, firearms, and ammunition are not permitted in the residence halls. (This includes paintball and airsoft equipment) Public Safety and Police Services does offer weapons storage within their facility. Weapons must be unloaded when transported into the Public Safety and Police Services building or other designated weapons storage areas. Registration in a physical education course in archery carries automatic registration of the bow and arrows for the purpose of this policy.
- To check in your registered weapon
- In person, visit the Department of Public Safety and Police Services and ask to complete a weapons registration form.
- Be sure to have a valid photo ID. You will be asked for your name, address, and Social Security number as well as the manufacturer, caliber, model and serial numbers of the weapon.
- Sign the form.
- Receive a copy of the weapon registration form from the Department of Public Safety and Police Services.
- A valid photo ID is required to check in or remove a registered weapon from a designated weapons storage area.
- Weapons check-out time: 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Weapons check-in time: 24 hours a day
For the complete Board of Control Policy, please see the following link: Board of Control Policy 12.7. Weapons Registration