The average room measures about 12 feet x 15 feet. A typical double room includes loftable beds (beds can be raised or lowered to create alternate furniture layouts to better utilize floor space), chest of drawers, two desks, two study chairs, waste basket, and carpeting. Triple and quad rooms are furnished accordingly. Each room is provided with a dry erase board and cork strip in order for residents to attach door tags and leave messages.
- Provided furnishings may not be removed from the room.
- Residents are responsible for the replacement cost of missing furniture.
- Storing or placing furniture in the hallway or in an off-campus location is prohibited.
- Public area furnishings moved to resident rooms will be returned, and the residents responsible will be charged with violating University policy.
- The misuse of furnishings will result in a maintenance service charge.
- The staff maintains the right to remove anything on a dry erase board or cork strip if it violates University policies, local, state, or federal laws.
Bed linens are not provided, so residents are encouraged to purchase linens prior to arrival. The standard mattress size is 36 inches x 80 inches. Extra-long twin sheets fit best. (Residents may purchase linens online at www.rhl.org/linens.aspx) Residents are responsible for laundering their own linens.
It is the residents’ responsibility to keep their rooms clean for health and sanitation reasons. Michigan Tech does not provide general room cleaning. Rooms found to be unclean and thought to cause a health or sanitation concern will be charged a service fee for necessary cleaning.
- Nothing may be displayed or attached to room window(s), on hallway walls, on lounge windows, on door frames, or on the room door surface inside or outside.
- Room door viewers are installed for security reasons and may not be removed, covered, or altered in any way.
- It is not permitted to string any type of wiring or cables from room-to-room.
- The removal of screens or having any type of outside fixture on or outside your window is prohibited. Air conditioners and satellite dishes are not permitted.
- Room entrance floor mats are not permitted in hallway.