Pavlis Honors College at Michigan Technological University redefines honors education because student success is more than GPA. Here at Pavlis, students are inspired to lead, create, and define their own success. They become the next generation of scholars who make a difference.
Apply for Pre-admission
Congratulations on your acceptance to Michigan Technological University! We're excited that you're considering applying for pre-admission to the Pavlis Honors College. Pre-admission status guarantees your placement in the Honors College if you choose to apply to a pathway in the spring of 2019.
After your first semester on campus, you’ll choose a pathway tailored to your interests and goals—you will select from:
- Global Leadership—get leadership experience on an international design project
- Community Engagement—earn a Peace Corps Prep certificate and prepare for a career in public service or community development
- Research Scholars—do research and prepare for graduate school or a career in research and development
- Enhanced Enterprise Experience (E3)—build on your Enterprise experience, work in multidisciplinary teams, and get ready for a career in industry
- New Venture—explore innovation and entrepreneurship, identifying new opportunities for yourself and others
- Custom Pathway—design your own honors experience around your passion
Ready to apply? Here's what you need to do:
- Complete this application, which includes one essay question related to our Honors Abilities, a list of competencies that every Pavlis Honors College student is expected to graduate with. The essay question is: Which honors ability do you believe will be most challenging for you, and why? What are some initial ideas you have about how to push yourself to grow in this area? Your response should be 500-1000 words in length.
- Have a reference (somebody who is familiar with you as an individual and can comment on your capacity to participate successfully in the Pavlis Honors College) complete a recommendation form. Excellent references include faculty, advisors, supervisors or high school teachers or counselors.
Applications are due April 9 by 11:59pm.
Still not sure if the Pavlis Honors College is right for you? Let our students and alumni share their experiences with you. Or, read about what Honors students do and how they are defining their own success. Looking for more tangible benefits? We made a list. We'll also be at Preview Day on Saturday, March 24th. Pavlis students will be on hand to answer all your questions and share their own experiences.
If you’re planning a separate trip to campus, we’d love to meet with you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you're coming.