Prospective students often ask us why they should join the Pavlis Honors College. We asked our current students and alumni.
"I chose to be part of the Honors College primarily because of the people. Pavlis students want to learn because they are hungry for knowledge, not just to build a resume and land a good job."
"My one goal as an undergraduate at Tech is to experience as much as I can while in college. I feel like Pavlis is my best option for that."
- Maya Geiselhart, Enhanced Enterprise Experience
"With Pavlis, you’ll experience things you’ve never even thought of before, grow as a person, and meet some of the best people at this university."
- Amanda Moya, Global Leadership
"The Pavlis Honors College pushed me that extra step beyond my classwork to clarify and work to achieve my goals as an independent person. Because of this, I felt more confident and prepared to enter the world after college."
- Randy Wilharm ‘17, Research Scholars, Graduate student at University of Minnesota
"I hope that being part of the Pavlis Honors College will increase my emotional intelligence and help make me a better person for the future."
"We’re not just here to stand out from the crowd, we’re here to motivate the crowd to do something."
- Shelby Marter ‘17, Global Leadership, Customer Support and Technical Writer at Handshake-Stryder Corp.
"The Pavlis Honors College nicely compliments my engineering education. Through reflection, I have been able to determine what I want and do not want to do with my career."
- Adam Augustyniak, Enhanced Enterprise Experience
"Beyond academics, college is about the journey. The skills and experiences you gain along the way will shape your college adventure and beyond."
- Kemin Fena ‘17, Custom Pathway, Materials/Process Engineer at Kimberly-Clark
"College is what you make of it, and the Pavlis Honors College is a great way to make the most of it."
- Jackie Mayrose ‘16, Graduate student at Michigan Tech
"Pavlis focuses on personal development, growth, and leadership."
- David Brown, Custom Pathway
"The Pavlis Honors College put me in situations I never thought I would be in and opened my eyes to a whole new perspective on life. Now I can't stop looking for those other perspectives."
- Erin Richie ‘17, Global Leadership, Graduate student at Michigan Tech
"I want to do my research, publish a paper, and find people who are just as passionate as me."
- Tessa Steenwinkel, Research Scholars
"The Michigan Tech I-Corp Site Workshop introduced me to processes which inspire product development around the customer. This, along with the mentorship I received from my Honors advisor, helped me realize the direction for my startup.
"I finally feel like I am living my life with a purpose and the wanderlust I experience everyday is because of the memorable experience I have gained through Pavlis. I now know I have the ability to make an impact on the world."
- Madison Duensing ‘17, Global Leadership, Design Engineer at 3M
"I joined the Pavlis Honors College because I wanted to surround myself with determined, hard-working students, have more opportunities, and challenge myself."
Why did you join the Pavlis Honors College? Are you a Pavlis alum? Email us at email@example.com and share your story.