- Dow 806
Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- PhD, Civil Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
- MS, Environmental Health Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
- BS, Civil Engineering, Washington State University
- BS, Engineering and Public Policy, Washington University
Links of Interest
- Water resources planning and management
- Environmental systems analysis
- Hydrologic and hydraulic engineering
- Fluid mechanics
- Engineering economics
- Numerical methods
- Watershed modeling
- Hydrologic frequency analysis
- Extreme event (drought/flood) damage mitigation
- Seasonal hydro-climatic forecasting
- Climate change impact assessment
- Decision theory and information technology applications in water resources
- Wei, W., and D.W. Watkins Jr. “Data Mining Methods for Hydroclimatic Forecasting,” Advances in Water Resources, 34: 1390–1400, doi: 10.1016/j.advwatres.2011.08.001, 2011.
- Ray, P.A., P.K. Kirshen, and D.W. Watkins Jr., “Stochastic Programming for Staged Climate Change Adaptation Planning for Amman, Jordan,” Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, in press, 2011.
- Hallack-Alegria, M., J. Ramirez-Hernandez, and D.W. Watkins Jr., “ENSO-Conditioned Rainfall Drought Frequency Analysis in Northwest Baja California, Mexico,” International Journal of Climatology, doi: 10.1002/joc.2310, 2011.
- Thode, A., K. Landick, K. Paterson, and D. Watkins, “Analyzing Methods to Achieve Successful Development,” International Journal for Service Learning in Engineering, 6(1): 95-105, 2011.
- Munoz Hernandez, A., A.S. Mayer, and D.W. Watkins, Jr. “Integrated Hydrologic-Economic-Institutional Model of Environmental Flow Strategies for the Rio Yaqui Basin, Sonora, Mexico,” J. Water Resources Planning & Mgmt., 137(2): 227-237, 2011.
- Wei, W., and D.W. Watkins, Jr. “Probabilistic Streamflow Forecasts Based on Hydrologic Persistence and Large-Scale Climate Signals in Central Texas,” Journal of Hydroinformatics, in press, doi:10.2166/hydro.2010.133, 2011.
- Fry, L., J. Cowden, D. Watkins, T. Clasen, and J. Mihelcic, “Quantifying Health Improvements from Water Quantity Enhancement: An Engineering Perspective Applied to Rainwater Harvesting in West Africa,” Environmental Science & Technology, 44(24): 9535-9541, 2010.