Graduate School Orientation
All New Graduate Students - Fall 2017
Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - Orientation for students in Mechanical Engineering - Engineering Mechanics pre-registration is required see link below.
Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - Orientation for all other graduate students - pre-registration is required see link below.
At orientation, you will be introduce to the expectations for graduate students and the basics of responsible conduct for research. You will also learn about services available on campus to support your success as well as a few tips from our presenters. Contact the Graduate School with any questions.
Pre-registration is required -
- Register online for Mechanical Engineers session
- Register online for all other graduate students session
Schedule and Description
- 11:30am - 1:00pm: Registration in the Memorial Union Commons (ground floor)
You will be given a lunch ticket to have lunch and socialize with other new students.
- 11:30am - 1:00pm - Student Services Fair in the Memorial Union Commons (ground floor) during lunch you can learn about some of the great services and organizations available for students.
- 1:00 - 4:30pm: Orientation program in the Memorial Union Ballroom (2nd floor). Get introduced to the concepts below and obtain the required RCR training. If you do not complete the training within your first two semesters, you will have a hold placed on your account and will not be eligible to enter research mode or graduate.
Our orientation program will introduce students to:
- Academic Integrity
- Advisor/Advisee Relationships
- Strategies and tips for graduate studies
- Responsible Conduct for Research (RCR) (required)
- Expectations for Graduate Education and policies
Graduate Teaching Assitantship Orientation
The GTA Orientation Schedule is available on the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) website and takes before the start of fall semester.
Individual programs may also have orientation sessions. Please contact your graduate program director for more information.
International Student Information
The office of International Programs and Services will welcome international students to campus and provide additional information.