- Certificate Program will provide an overview of current research and strategies to improve STEM teaching and learning.
- Developing high-level skills in STEM content areas has become a national priority, as such skills are essential to improving access to advanced educational opportunities and to workplace success.
- Students will engage in a practicum designed to provide hands-on experiences in STEM teaching, curriculum design, assessment, and/or research based on student interest.
- Open to all graduate degree and non-degree seeking students with a bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline.
Post-Secondary STEM Education Graduate Certificate
The Post-Secondary STEM Education Graduate Certificate recognizes development of high-level skills related to development, delivery, and assessment of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) instruction.
The certificate is designed to:
- prepare current graduate students for academic careers through hands-on experience and teaching portfolio development
- develop skills related to university and community college instruction
- build competency in education-related research
- provide functional knowledge of STEM curriculum development and assessment techniques
This certificate requires 15 credits, including one or more STEM Education Practicums. This Practicum is modeled after a typical "student teaching" experience and incorporates a seminar component to promote connections between research-based strategies and student work.