Accelerated Master's Programs
Michigan Tech's unique accelerated master's program allows our undergraduate students to earn a MS degree with just a single year of study beyond their BS. The following programs are currently available as an accelerated program:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics
- Environmental Engineering
- Forestry (Master of Forestry)
- Integrated Geospatial Technology
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
How to Apply
To apply to an accelerated master's program students must complete the following steps:
- Start an online graduate application for the term they plan to begin their graduate studies (i.e. the term after they will have fulfilled the requirements for their undergraduate degree -if this term is after the available online applications, the Graduate School will update your application for the appropriate term based on the information provided on your application).
- Select "Accelerated Master's Program" as their "Area of Interest - 1st choice" in the "Planned Course of Study" section of the application.
- Submit the online application.
- Upload (or deliver) any other required application documents to the Graduate School as noted in the Admission Requirements on the above program pages. (Students do not need to submit Michigan Tech transcripts.)
Students need to apply prior to completing their undergraduate degree in order to be eligible for the accelerated master's programs.
View all of the programs offered at the Michigan Tech Graduate School.